At Revolution Off-Road we want to give you the best prices around.
If someone has a lower price, contact us or send us a link and we guarantee to beat it.* Read More
The best prices, the best service. Guaranteed.
SuperATV’s GDP 6” Portal Gear Lift for the Polaris General gives you a lift and a gear reduction in one box. Get the clearance to run bigger tires and the torque you need to turn them. The lift and gear reduction are in the hub which means they maintain suspension geometry and reduce drivetrain stress. Customize by choosing between a 30% or 45% gear reduction and selecting a cast or billet aluminum housing. GDP portals are truly geared for all. See what customer Goose Bellows has to say about our 6” portals on his Instagram famous Can-Am Maverick XRS, aka Lil Buckin’ Crazy.
45%–Perfect for Mud
Install big 6” portals with a 45% gear reduction to get clearance for huge tires and a massive boost in torque. It’ll turn your monster tires like they’re stock and take your General through the biggest, thickest mud holes you can find. These portals are built for torque — and the way your General plows through mud proves it.
45%–Perfect for Rocks
A 6” portal box with a 45% gear reduction gives you tons of torque to crawl over any rock or boulder you can find. With that much power, rock shelves will feel like speed bumps and boulders feel like pebbles. With 6” of clearance, you can run bigger tires and crawl over bigger boulders without getting winched out.
30%–Perfect for Everything
A 30% gear reduction lets you turn bigger tires and gives you the versatility to run mud, dominate trails and hills, and maintain high speed on the road. It gets your power to the ground to make your UTV more versatile no matter how you ride.
Learn more about how tire size and gear reduction can unleash your machine’s potential.
Our gears are precision ground and made with 9310 billet steel alloy for high strength and high speed. That means they’re cool and quiet even when you’re hammering down the throttle on the road, and they have strength to withstand every ride.
Stronger Housings by Design
We know how to make a strong portal housing by design, so no matter what we make them out of, they’re the best. Lucky for you, GDP housing designs are backed by unmatched real-world experience, so you can be confident that you’re getting a kick-ass housing whether you choose cast or USA-made billet aluminum.
- Our housings are reinforced in all the right places
- They’re built with better oil flow and gearing forces in mind
- There are no gimmicks and no vents because vents do more harm than good—we know because we tested them
Whether you go with cast or billet, both housings use:
- Advanced Thermo-Tork® gaskets with excellent oil resistance and a lower deterioration rate than Kevlar gaskets
- A sealed input gear and double-lipped output seal
- 100% sealing coverage throughout so you can forget about oil leaks
Still need a little help getting exactly what you need? We’ve got a dedicated team just for portal support. Give us a call so we can get the perfect set of portals in your hands today.
Polaris General Portal Gear Reduction Recommendations Tire Size Required Suspension Setup with 6" Portals Recommended 6" Portal Gear Reduction Up to 30" Stock 30% Up to 30" 3" Lift Kit 30% 31" to 32" 1.5" Forward Front A-Arms 30% 31" to 32" 1.5" Forward Front A-Arms and 3" Lift Kit 30% 33" to 44" 7-10" Lift Kit 45% Gear reductions listed are general guidelines to maximize torque and maintain factory top speed. A larger than recommended gear reduction will result in more torque and lower top speed. Give us a call for more information.
- Polaris General 1000 : 2016+
- Polaris General 4 1000 : 2017+
- Does not fit Polaris General XP 1000 Deluxe : 2020+
- Does not fit Polaris General XP 4 1000 Deluxe : 2020+
- Available with billet or cast aluminum housing
- 9310 alloy billet steel precision ground gears are cool and quiet
- 1.5 in. diameter 4340 hardened steel drive shaft
- No leak bearings and seals
- Universal hub fits all major bolt patterns
- Comes complete with all hardware, backing plates, brakes lines and instructions
- 18” or larger wheel required
- 18” wheels cannot exceed 4-1/2” backspacing
- 20” and larger wheels cannot exceed 5” backspacing
⚠ California Proposition 65 Warning ⚠
WARNING: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm.