Want to make your killer PRO XP get even more wild? With an 8” GDP Portal Gear Lift installed, you’ll be riding higher with more torque, more power, and some monster mud-throwing tires. With tons of ground clearance and a 45% gear reduction, your Polaris RZR PRO XP will make new trails and go everywhere your buddies can’t.
GDP—the Most Trusted Name in Portals
More riders roll on GDP Portals than any other portal system. That’s because we’ve made and sold thousands of kits, and they’re out on the trail every weekend. Next time you’re at the ride park, take a look around—your certain to see more than a few trail-proven GDP Portals.
A Gear Reduction That Protects Your Drivetrain
A portal gear reduction reduces the stress on your axles, differential, prop shaft, and transmission unlike a traditional transmission gear reduction. That’s because the reduction comes after your drivetrain and not before. That means you can keep the pedal down and do less damage than stock.
Learn more about how tire size and gear reduction can unleash your machine’s potential.
Unmatched Gear Material
Our top-of-the-line gears use premium, precision-ground 9310 alloy steel to make sure they mate perfectly, run smooth, and won’t break. That means they’re the quietest and most durable portals you can get, even when you push them hard.
Stronger Housings by Design
We make our portal housings as strong as possible because we know how to design them, manufacture them, and assemble them to be strong. They’re strength comes from experience that you can’t fake. So whether you choose cast aluminum or USA-made billet aluminum, you’re getting a housing that can’t be beat.
- Our housings are reinforced in all the right places
- They’re built with better oil flow and gearing forces in mind
- There are no gimmicks and no vents because vents do more harm than good—we know because we tested them
We make your backing plates with a premium steel alloy that’s stronger than chromoly and built for incredibly high-force applications. At 5/16” thick, these plates are tough enough to hold your suspension and portals together no matter how you ride.
Advanced Gaskets and Seals
Whether you go with cast or billet, both housings use:
- Advanced Thermo-Tork® gaskets with excellent oil resistance and a lower deterioration rate than Kevlar gaskets
- Rubber O-rings that completely seal the housings
- A sealed input gear and double-lipped output seal
- 100% sealing coverage throughout so you can forget about oil leaks
Bearings That Rock
The smallest details on GDP are built to be bulletproof because we know from experience that you can’t cut corners anywhere. That’s why our output bearing is a double-angular contact bearing that will survive heavy hits and big bumps and keep your wheels riding true.
Universal Hubs and Slotted Rotors
Our precision-ground, stainless steel slotted rotors stay cool to give you the braking power you need when you need it. They come with 4/156, 4/137, 4/115, and 4/110 bolt patterns and lugs. With all the most popular bolt patterns built in to every hub, you can use wheels from almost any source. We invented the tapered output shaft that our hubs attach to, which provides a more secure lock that won’t wobble or wear over time.
Reinforce Your UTV with a Frame Stiffener
Even though the RZR PRO XP is one of the toughest and strongest machines Polaris has ever built, it doesn’t mean its frame can handle the heavy-duty awesomeness of 8” GDP Portals. That’s why we highly recommend a frame stiffener. We’ve ridden hard enough to know that it happens, and that you don’t want it to happen. Get a frame stiffener and don’t worry about it.
Top-Rated Customer Service
Still need a little help getting exactly what you need? We’ve got a dedicated team just for portal support. Give us a call so we can get the perfect set of portals in your hands today.
|Polaris RZR PRO XP Portal Gear Suspension Recommendations|
|Max Tire Size||Required Suspension Setup with 8" Portals|
|40"||3" Lift Kit|
|43"||1.5" Forward Front A-Arms|
|43"||1.5" Forward Front A-Arms and 3-5" Lift Kit|
|Gear reductions listed are general guidelines to maximize torque and maintain factory top speed. A larger than recommended gear reduction will result in more torque and lower top speed. Give us a call for more information.|
- Polaris RZR PRO XP : 2020+
- Polaris RZR PRO XP 4 : 2020+
- Available with billet or cast aluminum housing
- Cool, quiet, precision ground gears made from 9310 alloy billet steel
- 1.5 in. diameter 4340 hardened steel driveshaft
- 1.5 in. forward and rear offset
- Housings use Thermo-Tork® gaskets and rubber O-rings that don’t let anything through
- Universal hub fits all major bolt patterns
- Gear reduction reduces stress on your drivetrain
- 22" or larger wheel required
- Wheels cannot exceed 5" backspacing